(from South Your Mouth Blog)
Now this is good. You probably have all the ingredients in your refrigerator and pantry right now, but I wouldn’t recommend making it unless you’ve got a lot of people to share it with. It’s very rich and indulgent, and it’s the kind of thing I could devour in a weekend and spend the rest of the week regretting it.
Chocolate cobbler is less of a cobbler, really, and more of a molten chocolate cake in a dish. But it is fabulous. Bring it to a potluck or a picnic so you can enjoy some and give the rest away.
I originally found this recipe on the South Your Mouth blog, but I added a few special ingredients of my own, like instant espresso granules to bring out the chocolate flavor and mini chocolate chips for extra gooeyness.
Total Time: 1 hour
Difficulty Level: Easy
For the filling:
¾ cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon instant espresso granules
½ cup mini chocolate chips
½ cup milk
¼ cup half & half
1/3 cup butter, melted
For the topping:
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder salt, and instant espresso granules in a small bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Combine milk, half & half, and melted butter in a medium-sized bowl and mix. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix with an electric hand mixer until well-blended. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a glass baking dish.
- Now make the topping. Combine the sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla in a small bowl. Mix well. Evenly sprinkle the mixture over the batter.
- Boil your water (using a tea kettle is probably the quickest). Carefully pour the water on top of the sugar mixture, but do not stir it.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. The cobbler should still be gooey in the middle, but set on top.
- Let it cool for 10-15 minutes before serving with vanilla bean ice cream.